Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hi there,


I Came back from Malawi to the best(or worst) winter for years. Dublin is in the grip of a very cold front and we have snow lying now for over a week.....(meanwhile Galway has had none!!)While it caused me no end of grief a few days last week,travelling around Dublin,I took great advantage of it last saturday,when i spent the day tabogonning near the Lead mines,at Ballycorus in the dublin mountains.it was fantatsic and brought me back to my childhood days and also to when my kids were young(except for the aches and pains of old age!!) I spent a few days in Galway with sharon(one day out in the studio,just checking on the recording that happenend in my absence).....Land Down Under with Decky the tecky and a ne wrecording by Deassie O halloran....both for the fortcoming 'scoundrels album) We are also in the process of finalising a two part acoustic tour with Sharon, gerry Banjo O Connor,Mike Mc goldrick,Dezi Donnelly and Tim Edey. The dates will be i irealdn in April and June.also putting the finishing touches to the UK tour with the Bg band and shane Mc gowan in late April and we are please to announce( as of yesteday) the amazing Camille O Sullivan to the bill......this is great news as
Camille is a brilliant performer........and theres is great chemistry
on stage between Sharon and Camille........more later..
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment